Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The North Wind...

Each time the wind from the North comes in, I get that rhyme in my head...although until today I had it wrong. That's google for ya. This is my version:
The North Wind doth blow
and we shall have snow-
What will poor Robin do now?
He'll go in the barn so he can keep warm-
and poop on the head of a cow!

The 'real' version I googled this morning:
The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow,
And what will poor robin do then, poor thing?
He'll sit in a barn and keep himself warm
and hide his head under his wing, poor thing.


I like mine better - it's not so sad. We've had too many sad bird stories lately.
This was Tuesday late afternoon - the North wind came in... brrr it's cold on the fingers when you've got wet laundry!
And this is last night. Sigh. Actually I'm not too upset - I do enjoy the cooler temps more. And I really love having definite Seasons. Sometimes the winter season seems the longest, is all.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I can't believe your clothes actually dry on the line! I've been pulling mine off the line and putting them into the drier because the shorter days aren't giving them enough time to dry!

Heather said...

yes, they dry pretty easily - it is very dry here -- virtually no humidity.

Jayne said...

Snow? Already? Wow Heather... I suppose that would make for a long feeling winter with it coming this soon. Stay warm!