Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sun Bathing

Earlier this week we had a crazy snow storm that dumped about a foot of snow. I like that it came from Montana - they usually blame their bad weather on us! It was beautiful moisture that we really needed. Most of it has melted now and this afternoon is a balmy 20 degrees (celsius). I went out and captured a few shots of the critters sun bathing:

The chickens love the trees - soft dirt, lots of bugs and protection from bad guys.

My first ever Shetland lamb. Rather, Shetland cross. His mamma is a Shetland and his daddy is a Merino. I cannot wait to play with his wool. It's already gorgeous. He's a fat healthy little guy, full of spunk and SO playful. Keeps his mamma real busy.
When the good spots in the trees are full, my bike tire works too!
I'm so glad all the animals are outside today. Less mess. Imagine what 2 dogs, 2 cats and 3 lambs can do to a floor. That's like 28 little feet. Muddy feet this week. My mop is still shaking in the corner - from over use.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That little lamb is so cute. I would love a Shetland/merino cross. That sounds divine!