Monday, January 18, 2010

Today on the Ranch...

I don't know if I've mentioned it here, but I've named my little place, "Heather's Feathers Egg and Wool Ranch". It's been a little while since I've posted any pictures from the goings on here, so here are a few. I sat on my front deck with my telephoto and this is what I got:
Domino and two yearlings. Everyone should be bred this year - I'm going to try lambing earlier and also do 2 lambings this year. I'd like to flip my flock a bit more quickly and get the genetics I want. I have the best ram in the world I think, but soon he'll be related to more than 1/2 my girls. So, I'll be looking for a new boy soon.

We've had some really nice days lately - above zero (Celsius)! And no wind. Yeah, I know, it's weird. Everyone keeps falling over. The sparrows were perched on top of this old rail watching the sheep's water trough fill up and enjoying the warm weather.

Lucy, my aging turkey. She's been out and about this week, chirping away. Dang turkeys are noisey!

Frieda - my Cheviot. I've grown to really like her. She's a bit smarter than the rest, which can be a very bad combination in a sheep, but she's okay.

My Sarah. My good and faithful Golden Retriever. She's following Bailey around - Bailey has a bone! I had fun doctoring up this photo in iphoto.
Here's Bailey coming in from the field with a bone in her mouth - furtively looking over her shoulder to see if anyone is coming to steal her treasure.
A last lone sparrow.

No comments: