Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movies movies movies

I've seen three movies in the theater in the past two weeks and have TOTALLY enjoyed each one. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a theater movie - none have really appealed to me over the past year or so - it's been a bit of a famine really. We have a little theater in my home town - the oldest theater in Canada, I think. It still looks just like the picture above - except the vehicles parked in front have changed a bit. They do live theater in the summers and have all sorts of fabulous artists perform year round. It's a 'famous' little theater in Canada.
I don't know if I would have chosen to see a movie like Avatar based on the previews and stuff, but it was written and directed by a Canadian and the reviews from people I knew were really good, so I went to see it last night. In 2D, no less :o). Wow. It was SO SO good. The storyline was GOOD. And the imagination behind it was just boggling. The special effects were incredible and perfectly blended into the movie. Go see it. It is SO worth your time and $. I'm going to go see it again - in 3D. And maybe bring a bucket. The down side of this movie, is that they used the Lord's name in vain a handful of times which was totally unnecessary.
This movie made me want to stand up and cheer. Invictus. It was based on the true story of how Nelson Mandela unified his country - right after his election to president of South Africa. Right after apartheid. He used the sport of rugby to do it. It was SO interesting and I totally lost myself in the movie. I want to go out and read everything about Mandela now. What an amazing man. DO go see this one.
Ahhh another sports movie, but I love sports movies. This one is based on a true story too and it was just fabulous. The actors were SO SO good. Sandra Bullock - wow. I really loved her character. It was a tear jerker, for sure, but one of those heart swelling, cheering out loud movies. Good good good. Go see it.

2 comments:

Jacobsgate said...

4th out of 5 days in Myrtyl Beach
Did I say yesterday that our faith was complex....rather simple....but complex
How about deep?
Greetings, you movie critic

Deborah said...

I want to see Avatar too. I don't know when I last saw a movie.