Monday, February 7, 2011

Spring? Never mind....

I don't know, I'm pretty discouraged. I know I was born and raised here in Canada - whats more, I've lived in the 'foothills of the Rockies' for most of my life - even my short stint living in the US I lived in Colorado Springs, but I am so stinkin' tired of winter. For some reason, I convinced myself that it was enough - Spring was here. Never mind that our 'groundhog/gophers' are still hibernating - definitely not peeking their rodent snouts out to see if they can see their shadows. Sigh. It melted and then it snowed. And snowed. Even my dogs are grumpy. They got into it big time this morning while doing chores - fighting over who got to lick up the last of the sheep's grain in the snow. Now I've got two bloody, wet and slobber-covered-furred dogs inside pouting. In separate rooms. I think if I were a dog I'd get into it too. I'd definitely be pouting. Well - never mind, I already am.
You can even see the snow-plow coming down my road in the top left of this photo!
My well abled young ram, Christopher. Wondering, what the heck? Where's spring?

2 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Spring? but it is only February! Sigh. At least another month. We just got a good coating of snow again ourselves, here in the Cariboo. Hoping my B-I-L will be around soon to snow blow.

Jayne said...

This is the month when I think we all start getting a little stir crazy to see COLOR and LIFE again. It will come, and when it does, the warmth will fill your heart once again. Hang in there my friend.