Friday, February 26, 2010

"Sniff, sniff..."

For the past week, the morning has graced us with eau de Peppe Le Pew. So, it was really only a matter of time...

Guess who tangled with Pepe? My Sarah. My snuggly Sarah.
I'm actually a bit glad it was her and not Bailey. Being a Retreiver, she usually likes baths. But I think the cat was teasing her and making her feel self-conscious.
She does not look real happy, what do you think?

Until I mention, T-R-E-A-T

I don't think she got the full brunt of the spray, because I have smelled worse. I used equal parts peroxide, baking soda and dish soap all mixed in water and rubbed her all over with it. Then rinsed her off. This morning I realized I missed a bit on her head, so I had a little re-do. She looks so good now - all clean and fresh. Until she went outside and rolled in some sheep poop and mud. Oy. She thinks she smells better now.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I have never gone through that with one of my animals; I am so glad! But I will have to keep your "recipe" in mind....

Jayne said...

Poor poor Sarah! :c) She looks so sheepish in those shots... lol!

Deborah said...

Oh yuck! I'm so glad we haven't had to deal with skunk smells on our animals. I'm not sure I would know what to do.

And you can come down and use my sewing machine anytime. Just let me get it into working condition first.