Friday, August 22, 2008

Cool Bug

I walked into the neighbour's yard the other day and the coolest dragon flies were on their onions. They stayed around the onions all day long. I looked on the internet and they look like what is called a widow skimmer. My camera does poor close-ups, but they were a coppery/bronze colour with gold flecks and then the neatest thing was on the end of each wing a straight bit with a tuft on the end, can you see it? I love bugs. Really. They are so fascinating. I started tying flies for my dad, brother and grandpa when I was in my early 20's and just was so fascinated with them. For the most part they don't scare me, but I admit I did a funky dance when a cat-spider fell on my shoulder last week. Ugh. But they are fascinating too - in their webs.
It's been dog-day hot this past week and then this morning it was cold enough I had to turn the furnace on! Go figure.
I'm heading out tomorrow to go to a sheep dog training clinic and I am SO excited. It's being held by the fellow (Jeremy from Kiwi Kennels) that sold me Bailey. I'll post pics and tell you all about it when I'm back.

No comments: